Where possible, you should use virtual viewings before visiting properties in person in order to minimise public health risks. If any member of either the household being viewed, or the household undertaking a viewing is showing symptoms of COVID-19 or is self-isolating, then an in-person viewing should be delayed.
- All viewings should be by appointment only and no open house viewings should take place.
- There are unlikely to be physical protection measures in place in homes. In this case we would advise our estate agents and clients viewing a property to definitely wear a face covering, unless they are exempt from this requirement. This should be confirmed with the agent before arrival. Anyone with concerns should contact the agent in advance of their visit to discuss appropriate measures.
- It is advised that all the internal doors and windows are opened prior to viewing and allow access to handwashing facilities or provide hand sanitizer.
- We would recommend the property owner/tenant to vacate the property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimize unnecessary contact.
- When viewing a property, everyone should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- Our agent will accompany clients on a viewing and follow social distancing guidance.
- Before any viewing or visit is confirmed we will check if any party has had COVID-19 or shown symptoms, are shielding or clinically vulnerable, or are currently self-isolating.
- We will request that owner/tenant leave as many doors open and lights on as possible to minimize the need to touch door handles and light switches.
- We will limit the number of applicants at any one viewing to 2 people, and request that children do not attend. If this is not possible, we will request that children remain in the car under the supervision of an adult. Please do not bring any pets with you to the viewing.
- Please keep a minimum of 2 metres apart from others.
- You will be given the opportunity to wash your hands with soap and water (or hand sanitizer if not available) immediately after entering a property where possible.
- We will not hand you any paperwork at the viewing unless prior agreed, but we will email you brochures and any relevant property documents when we confirm the viewing for you to print off prior to your visit.